From global initiatives to single country projects, data is the foundation of the digital world. But having data is not enough: it must be integrated and understood to generate value. Canopy is Ona’s data analytics service to help you turn tangled information into consistent and reliable analysis.
Drive impact with data.
Canopy is the first data management solutions platform designed to meet the needs of social impact and international development organizations.
Who it is for
Canopy is designed for organizations with significant data needs, where the data is vast or spread throughout different applications. Ona’s team will help you connect important data and automate key business processes, leaving data management to the experts so you can focus on your project outcomes.
Features (what’s in the package)
- Connect to the sources you care about the most. Create near-real-time integrations from a list of supported sources and monitor the status of connectors over time.
- Sources: Ona Data, Rapidpro, OpenSRP, CSV, FHIR, and custom sources
- Store all your data in one place. Access a data warehouse that scales with your needs and breaks the silos of different data sources.
- Create insights using a next-generation visualization tool. Analyze your data and share your insights using Akuko, Ona’s integrated business intelligence and data storytelling platform.
- Access dedicated service and support from Ona. Use our experts to connect your data, normalize, clean, and join data from your various sources, and prepare for analysis.
- Access to Ona’s help desk and centralized support
- Support from Ona’s data analysts to work specifically on your data to prepare it for analysis
- Training for data visualization creation using Akuko
Canopy as a solution backbone
Canopy is the foundational tool for an organization to manage its data, but each project and implementation is different. Do you need to integrate custom data sources, use different data visualization components, or create fully usable tools and applications for your stakeholders? You can use Canopy as part of a dedicated solution.
In 2019, Cyclone Idai struck Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi, killing over 1,300 and causing an estimated $2.2b in damage. In the immediate aftermath of the storm, I deployed to ground-zero with a team from Ona. Our primary objective was to support the Government of Mozambique and the broader UN and humanitarian community to strengthen availability and usage of geo-spatial and real-time data for planning, monitoring and response. Ona’s team played a key role in digitizing the National Institute of Disaster Managements monitoring processes, as well as collaborating to better visualize this data for decision making. Throughout this emergency, Ona showed technical excellence, a drive for results, and a deftness in building relationships. Ona proved to be a strong and reliable partner, who continues to support our country programmes and government counterparts across the region.
We are very happy with Ona’s outstanding and bespoke competence and ability to deliver such innovative and applied IT solutions, even under extreme time pressure. I am personally very grateful to work with Ona and after more than 20 years of working experiences in the interface of Development/Humanitarian Aid and IT solutions, I believe Ona is providing game changing solutions already and will provide many revolutionary ideas and practical solutions in the coming years.”