The world’s leading humanitarian, development and global health organizations rely on Ona to improve their impact and accountability. Ona works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies Ona develops. These include Ona Data (ona.io), a mobile data collection and visualization platform and OpenSRP (smartregister.org) a mobile health platform Ona is developing with the World Health Organization.
We are looking for an administrative assistant to provide finance and administrative support and to facilitate the day to day running of the Kenya office.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Regular bookkeeping and petty cash management;
- Prepare the annual operating Ona office budget;
- Ensure monthly filing of VAT Returns;
- Assist with the routine invoicing of clients;
- Payment processing this includes, preparing expense vouchers, check expense claims for accuracy;
- Providing general support to visitors who come to Ona offices;
- Assist in the management of Kenya visa, alien cards, and work permits for international staff; Ensure timely submission and follow-up as needed;
- Manage travel arrangements for international and local staff, consultants and visitors (routing, ticket and hotel booking, visa application, computation of travel expenses), including relationship with travel agents;
- Manage the office supplies/equipment management process that ensures adequate stock of supplies to prevent stock-outs;
- Manage service contracts with suppliers for required administrative services – including repair/maintenance, water, electrical, office supplies, etc. to avoid disruption of services and supplies; ensure that all service contracts are procured in compliance with Ona procurement policies
- Maintain a records management system that provides guidance to staff with regard to file and records management;
- Maintain an upto date contact list of our clients and staff at Ona;
- Answer and direct phone calls as required;
- Planning, scheduling meetings and appointments, and handling correspondence for the management team;
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes when need to;
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
- Monitor timesheet submission on a weekly basis and accuracy and ensure that the staff leave requests are tracked and regularly updated in HR files.
- Support in the organizing of company events, this includes team building activities, conferences, retreats etc
- Assist in maintaining an up to date personnel filing system;
Procurement and inventory
- Manage the procurement process in compliance with Ona policies and requirements; maintain updated vendor lists and vendor performance files;
- Ensure adherence to all internal controls/compliance within the different procurement processes – bid solicitation/review/approval, purchase orders, documentation of goods/services received;
- Ensure the consistency of procurement records management; create and comply with standard records file list for all procurement activities;
- Ensure that all property/equipment with a value greater than $200 USD is registered – include equipment descriptions, specifications, serial and model numbers, Purchase Order Number, value, and inventory label number;
- Manage the property management database/inventory spreadsheet; update the database for each new purchase of equipment;
- Undertake yearly inventories to reconcile database entries with physical counts of property within the office; document and track property movements within and between offices and document each physical count against the property inventory database;
- Maintaining inventory records and database in both hard and electronic copy; Document all property dispositions and ensure that disposition of property is in compliance with Ona;
- Working with the sales department to ensure routine Invoicing to clients and sales request are attended;
- Provide administrative support to projects, specifically in opening and project files and subdirectories in Ona’s corporate file management system.
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers, Customers, Suppliers and the general public surrounding our businesses
- Knowledge of company administrative procedures
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Managing administrative processes
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- High level of attention to detail.
- Degree in Business Administration/ Bachelors of Commerce (Finance option),
- At least CPA Section 2 (IV) qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years experience working in a in a busy environment in a similar position.
- Computer literacy
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Note describing why you are interested in working at Ona
- List of references (required if selected for an interview)
- Relevant writing sample such as a press release, presentation, advertisement or company blog post
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.