Ona combines first-rate engineering with people-focused design to create solutions that help save and improve lives around the world. And we’re looking for a Digital Service Designer to join our growing team of creators.
As a Digital Service Designer at Ona, you will apply your strategy, UI/UX design and project facilitation skills to problems involving community health services, impact analysis, and disaster response with partners like UNICEF, World Food Program, DFID and Gates Foundation.
The ideal candidate will work directly with a multidisciplinary team including software engineers, technical project managers, and global development experts. A problem solver, collaborative team player and skilled designer who can work on multiple projects. As a team, we are focused on building real solutions for the user and context — and so should you.
This role will report to the Head of Design.
- Lead internal teams and external clients through the requirements design and definition phase.
- IApply software-focused solutions frameworks to challenging development problems.
- Design intuitive, feasible, and sustainable digital services and experiences for a variety of users.
- Liaise with internal product teams regarding Ona’s four product lines (Ona Data, Canopy, OpenSRP and True Cover) to ensure solutions are in line with company goals.
- Produce internal and client-facing deliverables (recording action points, analysis briefs, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes, and software requirements) that ensure understanding, collaboration and ultimately, a working software solution.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with interface/service design solutions for clients.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant discipline.
- Experience in workshop planning and facilitation, as well as other stakeholder requirements gathering methods.
- Experience with user research.
- Experience with iterative UI/UX prototyping.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with colleagues & clients.
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to respond positively to shifting priorities and project timelines.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq and Sketch.
- Experience with Basecamp, Asana,Trello and/or JIRA or similar.
- Experience with project management on a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge about global health or global development.
- Knowledge and interest in software and technology.
- Strong communication skills.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and working at Ona.
- Resume or CV.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.