Are you a designer that wants to create social impact? We're looking for a talented junior to mid level interaction designer to help us on causes like supporting democracy, driving social development, and reducing infant mortality — basically really challenging and important global issues.
We're looking for someone that will work directly with Ona's Head of Design to concept and design mobile and web apps, dashboards, and marketing materials. Our ideal candidate will be able to work with clients from around the world to go from an idea or list of vague requirements to a final design. She or he also needs to be a self-starter who is organized and can manage multiple projects at the same time. Since some of our team works remotely, you'll also need great communication skills and be comfortable with a distributed team.
Some of our work includes an electronic immunization registry in Zambia, a malaria spraying app, and Ona, our SaaS data platform. For more background on what we do, you can also look at a visualization of our first three years as a company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Computer Science.
- At least 2 years of design experience. Previous work in a design studio or agency is a plus. Previous work in a startup is a plus.
- An attention to craft and a strong sense of organization.
- Technical skills in HTML, CSS and more, with a desire to learn.
- Experience in web, mobile, and print projects.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities.
- Desire and interest in traveling and learning about new cultures.
- A portfolio of work that showcases all of the above.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Portfolio - PDF or website. Candidates without examples of work will not be considered.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.