At Ona, we don't just strive for diversity, we thrive on it. For Ona, diversity has been a spring board for creativity, innovation, and growth. We are committed to giving equal opportunities to employees and applicants regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, age, marital status, or pregnancy status. Motivation, hard-work, and finding the right person for our team matter more than any particular qualifications.
Qualities we're looking for
We are looking for an operations manager with a strong accounting and operations background to help build the systems necessary for our company to scale. The person will be responsible for helping oversee our day-to-day operations as a company. This includes helping to manage our financial and accounting systems, human resource management, client contracting & invoicing, managing the office, and supporting the management team as needed. We are seeking an individual who can grow with us and be integral in helping us to continue to build a dynamic team and culture. The individaul should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and mulicultural team environment. We are looking for someone who is a fast learner, strategic thinker, detail oriented and good communicator. Interest in technology, willingness to travel and experience working in the development/humanitarian sectors will be an added advantage!Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning of the company including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Help develop and maintain the companies financial accounting systems including routine bookkeeping and petty cash management.
- Prepare accurate budgets, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls are in place and adhered to.
- Manage client contracts and oversee routine invoicing of clients.
- Help oversee day-to-day management of the office - ensuring supplies are in stock, vendors are paid and all administrative tasks are completed.
- Planning, scheduling meetings and appointments, and handling correspondence for the management team.
- Assist in procurement process, identify and maintain preferred suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Support in the organization of company events.
- Assist in obtaining visas, entry permits and other documents for staff and visitors and ensure that renewals are processed in a timely manner and all travel arrangements are secured.
- Assist in human resource functions, e.g. recruitment, maintaining records of leave and attendance for project staff, file tax returns.
- Assist in preparing and filing payroll with the bank .
- Provide assistance to the executive team as needed including scheduling, preperation of meetings and correspondence.
- Provide coordination and support as required
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or other business related studies is required.
- Graduate degree in accounting or business (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience manage a program, office or accounting team in Kenya a strong preference
- Demonstrated experience setting up and running financial accounting systems.
- Proactive hands on attitude with the ability to think strategically.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong desire to grow and become an important member of the leadership team of the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office suite - word processing, excel spreadsheets, graphic programs).
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Note describing why you are interested in working at Ona.