The Product Designer at Ona works directly with the Head of Design to help create and execute interaction and strategic design for projects.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, collaborative team player and skilled designer that can work on multiple projects. She or he also has great communication skills and is comfortable working with a distributed team.
- Contribute value to projects in both high-level vision and detailed focused execution.
- Produce high quality user experience and user interface designs via wireframes, visual design, flow diagrams and prototypes.
- Collaborate closely with the project team including engineers, project managers and other designers.
- Make educated UI/UX decisions via user research, stakeholder requirements gathering, and iterative feedback loops and be able to present them in a persuasive way.
- Help lead presentations for new and existing work.
- Work on complicated, fuzzy and sometimes frustrating projects that will ultimately result in saving lives from the world's poorest and most vulnerable populations.
- 2+ years of design experience. Previous work in a design studio or agency is a plus. Previous work in a social enterprise is a plus.
- Great communication skills within the team and external partners.
- An organized and conceptual thinker with the ability to create professional, high quality design work.
- Understanding of how underlying technology makes things work. Technical skills in HTML, CSS or more is a plus.
- Experience in web, mobile, and print projects.
- In-depth understanding of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Apps.
- Desire and interest in traveling and learning about new cultures and issues.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Portfolio - PDF or website. Candidates without examples of work will not be considered.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.