The world’s leading humanitarian, development and global health organizations rely on Ona to improve their impact and accountability. We build technology that affords new opportunities for governments and development organizations and actors to be increasingly collaborative, data-driven, and accountable to the people they serve. We also make tools that provide opportunities for organizations to make better use of their data to help address some of the world’s greatest challenges, including: maternal and child health, education, community resilience, agriculture, environmental sustainability, access to infrastructure and government accountability.
Ona works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies Ona develops. These include Ona Data - a mobile data collection and visualization platform, Canopy - our new enterprise analytics solution and OpenSRP a mobile health platform Ona is developing with the World Health Organization.
We are looking for a project manager to support our expanding digital health portfolio, with proven experience in project management and administration (ideally related to health), solution development, proposal preparation, along with fantastic relationship-building and communication skills.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will join the OpenSRP and health solutions team and will report to the Health Solutions Lead.
- Work with clients/partners to define the problem they are trying to address and design appropriate technology solutions. This often involves travel to the project site.
- Assist in the definition of project scope, objectives and functional requirements.
- Help to manage projects and ensure they are delivered on time, within scope and within budget at the highest attainable quality standards.
- Managing deliverables and financial reporting and acceptance testing.
- Translate program requirements into technical requirements, communicate and work closely with our engineers.
- Coordinating work and outputs and facilitating communication between our partners.
- Communicate project progress in a timely manner to Ona’s senior management team and project stakeholders.
- Organizing and planning meetings and workshops for our projects, including, but not limited to: arranging all logistics, facilitating travel, capturing workshop outputs and documentation.
- Identifying potential risks in projects and working with senior management to mitigate those risks.
- Ensuring fidelity of use of project tools and processes put in place for projects.
- Managing a growing community of OpenSRP implementers, developers, and researchers on our online communication platform and forum.
- Facilitating meetings between project stakeholders and partners and sharing of project updates and milestones.
- Managing all materials and documentation produced for community projects and finding a home for all outputs on the wiki or website.
Marketing and documentation
- Telling a compelling story to our global audience, sharing milestones and successes from our projects.
- Writing content for our media platforms, including the website, blog, and social media platforms.
- Producing marketing materials that effectively communicate the value of our products and platforms.
- Maintaining all relevant documentation for projects, ensuring project deliverables are documented and disseminated.
Proposal writing and support
- Performing background research and preparing subject-matter briefs on necessary topics.
- Reviewing and synthesizing relevant materials required for projects.
- Helping in the writing of proposals and value documentation for the company.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills - making people feel at ease in your presence and willing and happy to communicate.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Initiative, enthusiasm with a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Systematic and efficient coordination skills, including an ability to prioritise.
- Manage and complete a variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and excellent organisational skills.
- University degree in public health, health informatics or related field with experience in project management on digital health projects.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- Willingness and ability to travel for work, including to rural areas.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent proposal and report-writing skills.
- Interest in and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Experience working with international companies.
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, or a related field.
- Experience with project management tools and software (i.e. Harvest, Trello, Confluence, Slack, Google Drive, GitHub) a plus.
- Prior experience working in LMICs a plus.
- Fluency in an additional language a plus.
- Familiarity with or experience using widely-adopted, open source data and information platforms a plus (e.g. OpenMRS, DHIS2, RapidPro).
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and working at Ona.
- Resume or CV.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.