Ona is a social enterprise that develops technology based solutions relied on by the world’s leading humanitarian, development and global health organizations to improve their impact and accountability. In the digital health sector, we support OpenSRP, a digital health platform and Global Good implemented by the Ministries of Health and leading international NGO partners to help frontline health workers improve service delivery and coverage in their communities.
Ona is also actively helping to develop cutting edge approaches to precision health service delivery for malaria control and elimination and to track health worker performance. More broadly, Ona’s namesake mobile data collection platform is used by thousands of organizations worldwide.
Ona’s health solutions range from decision support and data collection tool at the field level to management and data dashboards for national-level policymakers. We work on projects that help mothers delivery safely, children receive necessary vaccines, and prevent the spread of malaria across Africa and Asia.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Global Health Team. As a Project Manager, you will help our team build digital health solutions that support our partners and frontline workers. Ideally this role is based in Burlington, Vermont with some travel to locations where Ona works.
In addition to project coordination and management, the position involves assisting with proposal preparation, marketing, facilitating training sessions, and product documentation as needed.
- Conduct technical needs assessment, requirements gathering and workflow mapping in a diverse team with partners from INGOs, national and local governments, and health professionals.
- Support development of technical solutions combining knowledge in health and technology.
- Communicate and work closely with the engineering team.
- Coordinate projects, including managing logistics, scheduling, timelines, deliverables, reporting requirements, documentation, and work plans for each project.
- Providing support and training to our clients on our digital health products and services.
- Managing communication with a growing community of OpenSRP implementers, developers, and researchers on our online communication platform and forum.
- Support services our business development, marketing, support and project management team as needed.
- University degree in public health, computer science, health informatics or related field. with experience in project management.
- 1 – 3+ years experience in related field.
- Prior experience working in LMICs.
- Interest in and familiarity with ICT4D.
- Competency using and managing collaboration software (i.e. Slack, Trello, Wrike, Google Drive).
- Ability to travel for work (20-30%).
- Prior experience in software development desirable. Business analysis experience highly.
- Masters in Public Health or relevant technical field (e.g. Computer Science).
- Fluency is multiple languages (preference for French) desirable.
- Knowledge of common health software (e.g. OpenSRP, OpenMRS, OpenHIMS, Bamni).
- Familiarity with software project management and technical community management.
- Familiarity with health standards (e.g. FHIR, HL7), software architecture, and API development.
- Experience using and managing technical project management software (i.e. Harvest, Confluence, Jira, GitHub) desirable.
- Self starter and self-directed.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Systematic and efficient coordination skills, including an ability to prioritise.
- Manage and complete a variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and working at Ona.
- Resume or CV.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.