The world’s leading humanitarian, development and global health organizations rely on ONA to improve their impact and accountability. ONA works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies ONA develops. These include ONA Data (ona.io), a mobile data collection and visualization platform, OpenSRP (smartregister.org), a mobile health platform ONA is developing with the World Health Organization, and customized dashboards.
We are looking for a support and data analyst with experience in data management and/or analysis and experience providing user support to clients. The support and data analyst plays the important role of working with clients to ensure a good user experience on the ONA products. This involves training new clients, trouble shooting with existing clients, and ensuring that all clients are maximizing the value received by using the ONA platform. This role will also be responsible for developing help documentation and blogs for platform features and ONA products.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of how data is collected, cleaned, analyzed and visualized, a strong understanding of technology, and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues. The ideal candidate will have experience collecting field data, cleaning data, and/or analyzing data. The ideal candidate will have experience determining what issue a client is experiencing or what they trying to achieve, working with other client services team members and technical team members to develop a solution, and honestly communicating the issue and solution to the client while instilling confidence in the team’s ability and knowledge.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the potential of technology to drive positive change. We work globally on some of the world’s hardest problems partnering with organizations like WHO, UNICEF and PATH.
Roles and responsiblities
- Provide support for all incoming support request for the ONA platform and client projects. This includes troubleshooting all system errors, answering general ONA platform questions, and answering questions and troubleshooting XLSForms.
- Ensure that all support requests are answered in a timely and efficient manner and follow up with the technical team on technical issues while maintaining good client relationships.
- Author XLSForms for various client projects to simplify the data collection process while minimizing data cleaning.
- Analyse data and provide clients with results and recommendations that are both understandable and actionable.
- Provide data management and processing for client projects.
- Filter and “clean” data and review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate errors.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and maintain support documentation on user guides, trainings, processes, and procedures for the ONA platform feature and custom solutions for client projects.
- Train clients/users on how to develop XLSForms, how to use the ONA Platform, how to use RapidPro, and possibly other ONA products.
- With minimal supervision, take the lead role in tasks/projects assigned to you, ensuring task/project timelines are met, and ensuring clients a kept informed while doing necessary follow-up.
- Represent the company and through client and potential client interactions spread the word and support the sale of our products, services, and solutions.
The support and data analyst will report to the Support and M&E Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, IT, economics, engineering, social science, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience collecting data and/or cleaning data and/or analyzing data.
- At least 2 years of experience in a technology environment, ideally with at least one year’s experience providing client support.
- Passion for using data to solve hard problems.
- Knowledge and experience using statistical packages (i.e. R, SPSS, Stata) and/or advanced Excel functions.
- Ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Self-starter and motivated to move ahead without direct instruction
- Strong attention to detail.
- Motivated to assist clients to determine the best and proper solution to resolve their issue in a fast-paced environment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritize client communication while working on several support request simultaneously.
Desirable qualifications, skills and abilities
- Experience training adult learners, including on mobile device data collection platforms, is a plus.
- Familiarity with mobile device data collection platforms and data collection tools (i.e. ODK Collect, Enketo webforms).
- Familiarity with data management from form development to data collection to data cleaning, analysis and visualization.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Interest and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Experience working with international companies.
- A team player who enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to speak other international languages, especially French, is a strong plus.
- Right to live and work in Kenya preferred.
Send references, CV, and a note on why you’d like to work at Ona to firstname.lastname@example.org