At Ona, we don't just strive for diversity, we thrive on it. For Ona, diversity has been a spring board for creativity, innovation, and growth. We are committed to giving equal opportunities to employees and applicants regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, age, marital status, or pregnancy status.
We’re looking for interns who want to work hands-on with our experienced engineers and build foundational data systems that drive change. You will be expected to learn (a lot!) on the job and transition into a Software Engineer role over time.
Qualities we're looking for
- You understand the importance of abstractions and interfaces. You keep modules loosely coupled and know that algorithms + data structures = programs.
- You read and understand existing systems before diving in. You know how to prototype, how to iterate, and when to step back and think it through or ask questions.
- You are committed to the projects you work on and need to see them through to completion. You understand that solving the user's problem is the end goal.
- You stay up to date with the latest trends and are excited to learn new languages, tools, and best practices.
- You thrive in teams and projects that span timezones and cultures.
- You're ready and excited to travel in order to support projects, no matter how dusty or remote.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: